Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Being Made Perfect


"For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."  -Philippians 1:6


Today's Our Daily Bread Amy Peterson tells of the four "unfinished" sculptures by Michelango depicting slaves stuck "in the very marble out of which they are carved."   It was intentional because Michelango wanted to show what it meant to be enslaved.

Many years ago when I was given the above framed quote at the baby shower I was given by my friends at church near the end of my pregnancy I first thought it referred to the baby still growing inside me.  Later I saw it as referring to my spiritual growth.  I'd come to realize God would never be "finished with ME".  Until my last breath Christ will continue to perfect me.  Now when I see the quote I am reminded I also need to be patient with everyone else!  Without Christ we are all unfinished works--stuck in our flesh--never fulfilling the potential God created in us.  This is the function of the body of Christ--to encourage one another to cooperate with the work of the Spirit.

I am grateful that in Christ I am being made perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment