Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Religion vs. Relationship


"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  -Matthew 11:29


Animals working in teams are always yoked together.  In today's Our Daily Bread David McCasland shares the letter a woman in her early 90s wrote to her family that speaks to today's scripture:  "If you find that Christianity exhausts you, draining you of your energy, then you are practicing religion rather than enjoying a relationship with Jesus Christ.  Your walk with the Lord will not make you weary; it will invigorate you, restore your strength, and energize your life."  This is something we should always remember in all that we do.  What we do for Him will grow out of the relationship we have with Him because then His yoke is easy and His burden light.

I am grateful that a relationship with Christ always bears fruit through no effort of my own when I remain in Him.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Christ does the work if it is His will we are doing. I learned that but keep needing reminders for there can be no fatigue in CHRIST ..when we ask Him what He wants us to do. Then surely we are bouyed up with the Truth of our Spirit in Christ and know we are doing the right things. So much of my time in life has been the opposite. with me out there..Then I am weary for sure .. but if I keep God in my thoughts and give it all to him... relief... and work round the clock. I often thing of Mother Theresa or Florence Nightengale ..doing this .. they were tireless and never needed sleep. My husband is that way.. he goes out for God each day.. doing what God tells him...and his answer if you ask him how he is is always>" I m good and just working for my Father doing what he tells me to do." Blessings for this beautiful scene here of sweet , but powerful Gabriel.. xx never giving in or up.xx

    ReplyDelete