Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Our Strength


"I can do everything through him who gives me strength"  -Philippians 4:13


Lilias Trotter wrote in her journal more than 100 years ago:  "I had a beautiful day alone at Pescade, in a fresh little cave that we had never found before.  My sermon was from a little crab perched on a rock below, which matched his light-brown shell exactly.  He was just as alive and just as happy whether basking in the air and sunlight--or buried (as took place about every other minute) under a foot or two of water as a wave swept over him.  I could see him through the clear green-ness, quietly holding on below.  There is no place where it is difficult for Jesus to live.  His life in us can be just as adaptable as the life He has given to this tiny creature."

Even though this tiny crab's world was turned upside down it would soon be righted.

I am grateful that in Christ I will have everything I need to weather whatever comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment