Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Spiritual Simplicity


"All my fountains are in you." -Psalm 87:7


Lilias Trotter writes:  "The Blida well, which has always a curious linking with the eternal springs in our minds, has taken on a fresh phase.  The old complicated machinery has got completely wrecked by native handling, and now they find they can get a pail of clear cold water every two minutes with a cord and wheel and two buckets!  It has been a fresh means of [seeing] grace on the spiritual side, in the absolute simplicity of the thing.  We hamper ourselves with spiritual machinery of a complex link in the ways of 'experiences' and how to reach them, when all we need is to 'become as little children,' so to speak, with a bucket and a cord.  Willing just to go down and down and down till the Living Water closes round our souls and fills them.  [To be] 'filled full in Him,' it only needs to go low enough."

The photo is of one of my miniature gardens.  It always captures my 3-year-old granddaughter's attention when she visits.  When Lilias Trotter writes about becoming as little children I am reminded how in the middle of playing with my granddaughter she will spontaneously hug me and say she loves me.  I think this is the kind of relationship God wants with us.  Nothing complicated.  Just so absorbed in loving Him that His love fills us to overflowing.

I am grateful for the Living Water that God gives me continuously.

2 comments:

  1. Love this message! What the picture & message portrays. I know exactly where that well "fountain" is on your porch. It brought out the "little girl" in me too!

    ReplyDelete