Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, June 25, 2017

Living God's Word


"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts."  -Deuteronomy 6:6


Deuteronomy 6:7-9 goes on to say, "Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your forehead.  Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."  I placed the above Christian mezuzah on my doorframe more than 30 years ago as a reminder to fulfill God's word in my life.  But I have to tell you it wasn't long before I forgot it was there.  It's become such a fixture on my kitchen door frame that one day I couldn't remember if it was still there and had to go see if it was.

This is the reality of using outside "prompts" to help us.  You end up needing a prompt to remember the prompt!  I believe the passage in Deuteronomy was emphasizing the need for God's commandments to be "on our hearts" by stressing the need to do His commandments in every facet of our lives.  We will need no reminder of God's commandments if we are living God's word.  A heart given over to God through the work of Christ ensures that His word is fulfilled in us.

I am grateful that Jesus did the work so that now I can bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment