Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, January 3, 2015

Always Be Prepared

Matthew 25:13


I took this photo in the 1970's at my grandmother's house on a rural gravel road in Mississippi.  These signs had been on that tree for as long as I could remember which would have been as far back as the mid-1950's.  On this particular visit as an adult I was sitting on the front porch with my grandmother and my parents who were also visiting.  We could hear a car approaching from some distance because of the crunch of the gravel, and because it was slowing down we knew we were about to get a visitor.  The fellow came up the walk and approached the porch with this greeting:  "Do you mean right now?"  He was a stranger to us (it turns out he was selling something), so we had no idea what he was talking about until he referred to the sign down by the road.  I don't remember my Dad's response now, but I've always remembered that encounter because it drove home the point that "Yes, just like we had an unexpected visitor, Jesus could come back unexpectedly right NOW," and we ought to be prepared.