Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wait Upon God

Isaiah 40:31


This is not an eagle, as Isaiah uses to describe what hope is like, but we do have a resident hawk.  I took this picture through the window by my desk just as he lifted his wings one August afternoon.  It wasn't until I looked at the photo that I found I'd "captured" it in mid-flight.  Before this it  appeared on the railing of our deck much to my cat's consternation, who sat quietly in a nearby window watching it.   She's really into birds, but not one as large as she is!  I've watched this hawk in flight high above our trees, as it uses the updraft to float on the air.  It doesn't even have to flap its wings to stay aloft.  This is what God does for us--keeps us aloft, renewing our strength, as we wait upon Him.