Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, January 4, 2015

You Are Gifted

1 Peter 4:10






It was late 1996 and my empty nest fears were about to be realized in a few months. My first child would be graduating from high school and going off to college in the coming year.  The fact that I still had two at home didn't soften the blow because it already meant my family would never be the same.  The desperation that I felt deep in my soul, however, opened up something in me and  enabled me to write a dozen simple stories based on 1 Corinthians 13--the "Love" chapter.  It all began when I found this marked-down original watercolor for $10 after Christmas that year. . . .
The Bible verse at the bottom spoke to my heart. . . .

. . . .and a story emerged with my calico cat, Poetry, as the best friend of Gabriel the Snowman.  Soon these little characters begged to be given form more than words, and the above watercolor drawings emerged, followed by another character based on my friend Sandra's Golden Retriever.  I had no idea I could draw anything that resembled what I accomplished.  I was unsuccessful after many attempts to get my stories published, so I set up my own website and "published" them here.  I believe these simple stories have opened the way for me to reach others for Christ and opened the way for my other Blogs (Freedom in Christ and Another Perfect Day).  I have no idea how many people have been blessed by the gifts God has given me, but I know I have been.  God's word says we are to be good stewards of the gifts He gives us.  I hope mine will spur you on to discover yours and share them.