Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Seek Wise Counsel

Psalm 1:1-2


My multitude of counselors over the years have been my books beginning with the Bible and then such authors as 18th century Quaker writers and 20th century writers such as A. B. Simpson, Oswald Chambers, Hannah Whitall Smith, Eugenia Price, and Warren Wiersbe, to name just a few.  The top shelf, above, contains several translations of the Bible and various study aids.  The lower shelf is only one of several shelves of other Christian writers I've read over the years.  Many are daily devotionals which I have been reading for over 30 years.  I cannot imagine starting a day without reading God's word or about God's word and then journaling about it.  This Blog, and the other two, Freedom in Christ and Another Perfect Day, are the culmination of my years of meditating on God's word.  In my journal I have worked out solutions to problems, waded through choices and made decisions, and expressed my confused feelings in hopes of finding the gem hidden in the tangle of emotions.  I see my journal as one of my counselors because it is a form of prayer for me.  Countless times I've presented a concern to God and in the next moment found my pen writing down the words I need to hear to move me in the right direction.