Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Cross of Christ


"But those who are of The Messiah have crucified their flesh with all its weaknesses and its cravings."
  -Galatians 5:24


The translation I used for today's verse is the Aramaic Bible in Plain English.  The other versions use either "passions and desires" or "affections and lust."  I think the Aramaic Bible describes the flesh in a way I can identify with.

I see my life in Christ as a sailing ship.  The mast of my life is the cross.  Upon it hangs the sails to empower my life in the way it should go.  When the sails are unfurled I move along with the force of the Holy Spirit.  But there are times the sails are lowered.  During a storm the sails on a ship are rolled up so that the ship can ride the waves without capsizing.  The sails are still there clinging to the mast, just as I must cling to the cross in times of tribulation.  Another time the sails are lowered is when the ship is docked.  These are the times I am called to just rest in Him so that my soul can be restored and replenished.  My flesh is weak and craves what it desires, but with the cross of Christ as my mast I am strengthened to do His Will.

I am grateful for the work of Christ and the Holy Spirit's continued working out my salvation as I sail through the vast sea called life.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this analogy! You have a special gift for finding things in our daily lives that are GOD given messages!

    ReplyDelete