Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, February 19, 2017

God Triumphs


"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."  -1 Peter 1:6-7




Lilias Trotter wrote in her journal, "Take the very hardest thing in your life--the place of difficulty, outward or inward, and expect God to triumph gloriously in that very spot.  Just there He can bring your soul into blossom!"  She illustrated it with a yellow flower found in Algeria.  I have several yellow flowers in my garden, like the Rose in the photograph.  I think yellow works as an accent flower in any flower bed.  Its warmth and brilliant color is a good reminder that God can triumph in the midst of even our hardest places.

I am grateful to find reminders in nature that God is at work in my life, helping meet its challenges, leading me in the direction I need to go, and reminding me that like the rose blossom still tight in its bud, He is the Hope I need to believe I can blossom.

2 comments:

  1. "Praise ye the Lord, PRaise ye the Lord from the heavens, praise ye him in the heights.' Fire and hail; snow and vapors; stormy wind all fulfilling His might word" Like the rose unfolding we are daily showing forth more of Him and his Love.. for mankind. I am so grateful...Merri

    ReplyDelete