Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, February 13, 2017

A Well-Watered Garden


"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame.  You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose water never fails."  -Isaiah 58:11


Thankfully, we live in a climate that allows my garden beds, like the Lambs Ears above, to thrive without extra watering by me.  This is not true for the potted plants, however, like the pink Bacopa spilling out of the pot over the Lambs Ears.  Just like I have to get the hose out every few days in the hottest part of summer to keep my potted plants from succumbing to the scorching sun, God provides us the living water by which we are continually refreshed.

I am grateful for the Holy Spirit in me, helping me to thrive when I do not receive what I need from others, when I feel most thirsty for inspiration and lacking in love, and then by His Hand a flower blooms to spread joy and beauty to all who walk in His garden.....it is then that I am satisfied.

2 comments: