Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, February 4, 2017

Doing What is Right


"Who will harm you if you are eager to do what is good?  But even if you do suffer for doing what is right, you are blessed."  -1 Peter 3:13-14




Each day I receive an email from Moravian Daily Texts.  The 1 Peter passage was the one I received today.  I'm never surprised anymore when I come across a particular scripture or devotional on any given day that fits so perfectly what I need to hear even when the scripture has been chosen or printed weeks or months in advance.  When there is a second set of words echoing the same message such as today's Word for the Day from Gratefulness.org I still am not surprised.  Today's is a reminder that we need never give up hope:  "Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense regardless of how it turns out. - Vaclav Havel."  When things come together like this, I feel the Holy Spirit is leading me to pay closer attention to what He is doing in my sphere of influence.

Like the steep, desert path in today's photo sometimes the way is often strenuous, but in the end we are blessed by the effort we put forth.  Even if we do not see the purpose of our efforts fulfilled we will know we have done our part in God's plan for His creation.

I am grateful that I can trust that God is working all things together for good when I put my hope in Him.


2 comments: