Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, May 14, 2015

Appearances Can Deceive



The angel peering out from the portal of the bridge is an illusion.  In fact, so are the stones.  There is a sign that directs people to the second floor in the building next door in order to get this perspective. Down on the walkway level you see this:
photo credit:  Kumar Singam

The artist was able to paint the angel in such a way that when you view it from a different angle it will look as he had intended it to.  In the same way appearances can deceive when we get caught up in judging others.  This is a good reminder for me that I must look beyond the facade that people usually wear, to look at their heart.  In the same way, I must examine my own heart to make sure I'm not putting on an appearance that is false to others.