Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, October 22, 2017

Abandoning to God


"The Spirit Himself beareth witness with our spirit..." 
-Romans 8:16




Oswald Chambers wrote:
We are in danger of getting the barter spirit when we come to God, we want the witness before we have done what God tells us to do.  "Why does not God reveal Himself to me?"  He cannot, it is not that He will not, but He cannot, because you are in the road, as long as you won't abandon absolutely to Him.
Chambers emphasizes that "the Spirit witnesses only to His own nature, and to the work of Redemption, never to our reason" so that if WE are in the road we are in His way--just like we often have to watch for the deer on our driveway as we head out.  They will stand there like WE are in THEIR way!  Let us humble ourselves and wait on Him.

I am grateful that God reveals Himself to me when I abandon myself to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I love this last night when I read it and allowed it to sink in.. and to learn more fully the message of listening and abandoning all to God.. and allowing Him to show forth control . His Plan.. in our creation in His time... I love the word" allow" for it opens the door to stillness and flow of the Love God has for me. I felt you would love the message too,...and you do

    ReplyDelete