Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, October 27, 2017

Provision


"Those who work their land will have abundant food."  -Proverbs 12:11


In today's Our Daily Bread Julie Ackerman Link writes that God "enables us to work and save for the future, and He meets our needs when resources are scarce."  She points to the differences between deer and squirrels--squirrels prepare for winter by storing up food while the deer must forage all year round.  She also notes that God instructs those who have plenty to share with those in need.  As you can see our squirrels also forage and pilfer from my garden in summer--that is a strawberry he is eating.  But I am glad to share with the squirrels and even the deer.  In fact, I've planted extra Hosta just for the deer!  I do not appreciate it, however, when the deer jump my fence and eat my tulips and roses!  But even then I am reminded that God provided the tulips and the roses in the first place.  I get to enjoy them for awhile and then the deer get a special treat.

She sums up by saying, "When it comes to provision, the message of the Bible is this:  Work while we can, save what we can, share what we can, and trust God to meet our needs."

I am grateful for all that God provides--not only for me, but for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment