Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, October 29, 2017

Prepared


"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.  So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time."  -Mark 13:22


In the 1950s this sign on the tree along a gravel road greeted travelers coming to or passing by my grandparents' farm.  In today's verse Jesus is speaking to four of his disciples about his second coming.  Verse 37 ends the chapter with, "What I say to you, I say to everyone:  'Watch!'"  They thought it would be soon, but 2000 years later we are still waiting and watching.  Perhaps Christ is also waiting until everyone has a chance to hear the Gospel.  In the meantime, we are to be careful not to be led astray or lead others astray.  Instead we must be in preparation for His return.  Are we right with God?  Have we done all we can to remain a faithful witness?  Will we recognize Him when He returns so we will go with Him when He calls us forth?

I am grateful for the Holy Spirit who keeps me alert.

2 comments:

  1. " I say unto you, Watch!!!" yes so very important to pray for guidance from our Father each day... and not be into the' I want this" or " I want that" and then throw a fit. I used to do that as a child. slowly God taught me not to as the lessons were hard ones for me. But now .. I am learning more deeply to "Trust in the Lord with All thine heart, lean not on thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3;5,6, I am so grateful fo ryou sharing your mission of Love for God.. in all that you do. Praise God!---Merri

    ReplyDelete