Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, October 30, 2017

Like the Father


"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name."  -John 20:31



It is remarkable how much my first-born son looks like my father!  In fact, when I showed his 3-year-old daughter this photo of her great-grandfather she thought it was her father.

When Philip asks to be shown the Father Jesus responds, "Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me?......How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?"  In Oswald Chambers' essay on faith he writes...
God brings us into circumstances in order to educate our faith, because the nature of faith is to make its object real.  Until we know Jesus, God is a mere abstraction, we cannot have faith in Him; but immediately we hear Jesus say--"He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father," we have something that is real, and faith is boundless.  Faith is the whole man rightly related to God by the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
My son might look like his grandfather, but he is not like him at all.  Jesus is like His Father in every way.  Knowing Jesus is the first step in seeing and believing in God.

I am grateful to know Jesus so that I can know God.

4 comments:

  1. Me likewise. I am so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a handsome dad you had and son you have too.. yes we are all surely made , as the bible says, in " the image and likeness of our Father>" I love that idea , for it goes deeper than the outer showing .. it is the deep recesses of our qualities that we have his image... and we show it forth in our actions. I love your sweet photo..

    ReplyDelete