Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, October 28, 2017

Burdens


"My yoke is easy and my burden is light."  -Matthew 11:30


This sign greeted us as we walked the path to the entrance of Bushkill Falls.  Ken teased me that since he wasn't carrying me in that he wouldn't be responsible for carrying me out.  You see, Bushkill Falls is a series of steep steps up and down the side of a gorge into which a 100-foot waterfall cascades.  We ended up climbing the equivalent of 66 stories.

The good news for followers of Christ, however, is that if we give OUR burdens to Him He will carry them for us!  HIS burden is light.  His burden won't feel like a burden at all because we are yoked to Him.  We need only follow along.

I am grateful to unload my burdens and let Christ carry them out of my life for me.

2 comments:

  1. I always think of the Boys Town photo of one boy carrying another... saying:' ;He's not heavy , Lord, he 's my brother. " giving no thought of himself.. only doing his work for God. There are no burdens at all when we are being obedient to GOD.. and asking him " Father what would you have me do today?" then listening and shining forth HIS will not our own.. what a relief he is IN CONTROL. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that image, Merri, of the brother saying he's not heavy, he's my brother. You are so right about nothing being a burden if it is from God. The burdens we place on ourselves are what are difficult.

      Delete