Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Light to my Path


"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."
-Psalm 119:105





This is the painting I bought at an after-Christmas sale in 1996 that sparked my imagination that led to writing my first stories about the Adventures of Poetry the Calico Cat, which are based on the "love chapter" in 1 Corinthians 13.  My oldest child would be graduating from high school in the Spring and leaving home for college the end of the summer.  Even though I still had two children at home I knew it was the beginning of the end of my life as a mother. My boys knew that once they reached the age of 18 I would no longer tell them what to do--I'd said it enough during their teen years as a way to emphasize that I DID still have that right since I was legally responsible for them until then!  I was entering a new phase of life and I needed God's light on the path more than ever and here He was reminding me that His Word was all I needed.

I am grateful for His Word--but I'm not talking about the words you can find in the Bible.  While those are helpful to guide me through the maze I often find myself in called LIFE, I'm talking about the Word that John 1:1 tells us is Christ:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

It is this light that shines on my path when I believe Jesus when he says, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely with the picture that sparked your blog and messages. I love it too!! Being an artist and writer as you know, it spurs me on too with its animation and life and color. Love all the quotes here from the Bible too to inspire..and lead us forward in meekness and joy..using our talents. Love to you , cathy and thank you for all you do for the world and for me..Merri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merri, I hope you will get out your pencils and brushes now and illustrate your beautiful poems!

      Delete