Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, January 13, 2017

Peace of Christ


" Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts." 
-Colossians 3:15


              


Yesterday's post featured photos from Ricketts Glen State Park.  I wanted to share the other photos with music because I find that music often times removes us from our earthly existence and raises us up into another place--a place where we feel closer to God.  I often find I enjoy my vacation even more in the photos and videos than when I was there because I am more present.  There is not the distraction of inhospitable weather, crowds of people, sore feet, and what not.

I think time spent with God every morning in His word and in journaling is much like reviewing one's vacation in photos.  We can get a better perspective of what happened and come to appreciate the little things we may have missed along the way.  God always speaks to my heart when I journal honestly about what I feel since what I feel merely expresses some belief I have.  God is there to correct beliefs that are wrong--like feelings of being unloved.  The truth is no one can love us like God does and once we realize it the peace of Christ will rule in our hearts and we can rejoice and be glad!

I am grateful for the beauty of our earth to remind me that my Creator is beyond words to describe His awesomeness!  I can only bask in it and share what He has shared with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment