Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Freedom


"If the Son set you free, you will be free indeed." -John 8:36


I recently concluded last year's re-reading of my Freedom in Christ web journal--a daily devotional.  I'd originally written it in 2003, then posted it on-line during 2011.  It is good for me to read it again from time to time to remind me of my search for the freedom I knew Christ offered.  I'd been a Christian for a long time but knew I was missing something when Jesus talked of His yoke being easy, His burden light.  By the end of the year I felt I finally understood what it meant to be truly set free, and I don't ever want to take it for granted.  I likened this freedom to verse 31 in Isaiah 40:  They shall mount up with wings like eagles.  In my photo of the hawk in our woods, you get a sense of the power in a large bird's wings.  I've seen these hawks floating on the wind that comes up and across the ridge we live on.  They let the wind keep them afloat--their wings spread out, not moving.  You really get a sense of what freedom from the pull of the earth feels like.

I am grateful for God's grace--the place in which I reside when I acknowledge Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord.  In God's grace I am lifted above the cares of the world where He supports my efforts to be in the world but not of it.  This is where I can find peace amongst the clamor--where I can be a light in the darkness, and walk without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment