Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, January 5, 2017

Open Doors


"Then Jesus said unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them [because they listen for the Shepherd's voice--v. 2]."
-John 10:7-8




I love taking pictures of doorways.  This one belongs to the cottage in my miniature garden.  It is slightly ajar as if to say, "Come in!"  When we go on vacation I find myself taking photos of doorways that look inviting and wonder what it is like inside the house.  For this reason I love going on the Holiday House tour our city holds every year.

There's something about a door that beckons me beyond myself.  God opens doors to me every day, but I know I often walk right past because I'm too caught up in my own agenda that I do not even notice.

I am grateful that Jesus is the door that is open to me always.  I need have no fear of what's on the other side when I walk through God's door.  It is about time I started paying attention to the doors that God is opening to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment