Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, January 12, 2017

Living Water


"But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life."  -John 4:14




Water is one of those necessities in life, like air.  We came upon this tranquil scene on a hike in a state park.  It was not the best day for a hike--chilly, misting rain.  But we were on vacation and this was the only day to go in search of the several waterfalls in the park.  As I look at this photo I am reminded of the feelings of awe I felt because of its beauty.  The fallen leaves had all been moved to the side by the current of the stream.  You can see the rain drops making ripples in the water as it makes its way to the precipice.  And then the water cascades over the rocks. . . .


This is the water that is Christ.  As we allow Him to move through us, debris is pushed aside and we become a living, moving being in Him.  His rain upon us will leave its mark, moving out in concentric circles touching those around us until eventually all His love for us spills out over the rocky areas in our lives cleansing and smoothing them for His glory.  

I am grateful for the living water in me that gives me new life and enables me to negotiate the obstacles in my life as it brings refreshment to me and others along the way.

4 comments:

  1. I love the concept of " Living Waters" Thank you for reminding me of this. It is very important to me to recall these things, as when I took over our family resort in Ely, when dad passed suddenly I did some radical things. I had no smoking in the cabins. I had no overloading cabins or people would be asked to leave; I also changed the name of the resort BOLD MOVE on my part. I was praying as I went, and changed it from Eagles Nest Lakes Resort, as it had been since 1962 to LIVING WATERS RETREAT,.. I was working with a lady who was a teacher of the star nation.. and loved learning about the stars names etc. I knew I wanted the concept of our place to be calm, and apprecaited by all who entered, not just for drinking and partying. So the whole old concept of our resort CHANGEd. People did not like it.. they were unfomfortable with it.. and were angry to not smoke in the cabins. and to raise the rents to a fair price. all of it.. but the Living Waters concept was for me.. more than anyone. I knew God was flowing through me with what seemed to me an impossible task; family coveting the resort and fighting over it. My husband at that time, his family on drugs and demanding more money too from him.. and him not doing much at all to help me in these matters---- but doing his best I guess. But for me, the founder of this place with mom and dad, the change was radical.... and I picuted God like those waters..just flowing, washing the place clean, getting new guests.. who would appreciate the place, pay what they needed which was very fair .. and just love the woods, and our small created space of Love there. It worked eventually but was so hard as old guests kept smoking .. overloading things. breaking rules ... so the grist was there for me to KNOW GOD WAS going to get me out alive. And . He did.. to a new life, a new begnnning and new faith ..stronger than ever. So once again , oracle Cathy you visionary for God. thank you for your ever present tune in to what we need with our Father. Blessings and gratitude to you and yours always. Love, Merri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His rain upon us will leave its mark, moving out in concentric circles touching those around us until eventually all His love for us spills out over the rocky areas in our lives cleansing and smoothing them for His glory. ❤️

      Delete