Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, April 6, 2017

Hearts Filled With Joy


"God has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; He provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy."  -Acts 14:17


My heart was certainly filled with joy this foggy, rainy morning when I looked out my window to see Mr. Cardinal eyeing the birdhouses Ken just recently built and attached to the Blue Spruce.  I've written about this Spruce before--how the top was twisted off a few years ago and ever since the branches have begun dying.  It is still solidly rooted in the ground and the top branches are still full of life, so Ken cut off the dead branches and decided to put the limbless trunk to good use.

After shoveling, hauling, and spreading wood chips along the paths in the woods these past few days we are both feeling our age.  This rain is giving us a day of rest and refreshment and our Blue Spruce is reminding me that as long as I have life in me I can be useful.  

I am grateful for the rain for my garden and woods, for the wildlife that I can see out my window, and for the reminder that while MY limbs cannot do the work they used to do, I can still accomplish much and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

2 comments: