Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, April 17, 2017

Home


"Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."  -Psalm 23:6

This Dogwood branch that overhangs my Arbor Garden is one of the many delights of what has been my home for 36 years next month.  We've made improvements to the house and land over the years to the point that I can't imagine living anywhere else!  This is OUR HOME.  But as I've grown older and those 36 years have seemed to have passed so quickly when I look back over them, I realize it is not my forever place as I deemed it when we first laid eyes on it.  It is merely a stopping-over-place on my way to an even more glorious place!

I am grateful that God's goodness and love follows me wherever I go and for the comfort of knowing I will dwell in HIS house forever.

4 comments:

  1. Home surely is teh conscous awareness of God's Love.. and yes, it is wonderful to find that wherever we are it is there if we open to it.. and see it. At times Ihave lived wanting to be somwwhere else.. all the time.. and once I got somwwhere else.. I wanted to be back where I came from . Point is , God is in each place as he is our Father and we are ONE WITH HIM.. and we can be in heaven with him.. created for all of us... so the NOW with Him is forever. yes.. in the heaven we know is HIS HOUSE. and ours for eternity. Thank you for the reminder to be grateful for waht IS... all the time. Merri
    .

    ReplyDelete