Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, April 7, 2017

Flourishing


"Those planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.  They shall bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh & flourishing."  -Psalm 92:13-14




It seems I can't get away from this topic of old age.  I even had a dream just before waking this morning that expressed my feelings about growing older.  The first scripture I read was the one above.  God was reminding me once again that if I am "planted" in Him I will flourish.  I will bear fruit in my old age.

There is a very old, gnarly Dogwood that grows just outside my picket-fenced side yard.  We've been here almost 36 years and it was already here.   When we put the fence up about 25 years ago we had to cut off the tops of a couple pickets to accommodate the branch that extended into the yard.  It has rewarded us every Spring with beautiful white flowers and each Autumn the berries have delighted the birds and squirrels.

I am grateful that I have reminders when I need them that being rooted and grounded in God enables me to flourish--no matter how old I get.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Getting older isn't for "sissies". Little chores get more difficult as we age.

    ReplyDelete