Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, April 25, 2017

God's Will His Way


"Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies--make straight your way before me." -Psalm 5:8


Does the end justify the means?  For me the answer is no because it is a slippery slope.  In my garden I am very careful not to use pesticides that would harm the bees.  Consequently, I have to hand-pick the Japanese Beetles from my plants or capture the gypsy moth larvae before they cause damage.  Sometimes I am not successful.  Saving my plants does not justify killing the bees especially since they are on the endangered list right now.  

Martin Luther King was one who held to the tenet of no violence.  Even though violence was being carried out against him and his followers, he did not want to become one of "them" by using violence to bring about change.  

Lilias Trotter, the missionary to Algiers, wrote in her journal:  "I am beginning to see that in God's work it is a dangerous thing to let even thoughts and longings stray unbidden by Him."  

If we are to serve the cause of Christ, then we must keep our thoughts and longings His "thoughts and longings."  We must not strike out on our own because we feel God is taking too long, or that He doesn't hear, or whatever excuse we may give ourselves to justify stepping out of His Will.  We are New Testament Christians--like I like to phrase it--and are to love our enemies--not harm them.

I am grateful that even though it might cost me something to do God's Will His Way, I can trust Him to give me strength to stay on the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment