Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, August 3, 2017

Do Not Be Afraid


"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -John 14:27



In today's Our Daily Bread James Banks writes about his first experience on a roller coaster when he was six.  He was terrified!  Much like the little child in this photo.  The adult is loving it because he's ridden coasters before and knows what to expect.  It's life's unexpected twists and turns and sudden drops that can get the better of us if we do not trust the Lord.  When Jesus told his disciples that he would be leaving His peace with them when He left He was referring to the Holy Spirit.  Each of us who trusts Christ receives His Spirit.  It is the working of the Spirit within us that assures us there is no need to be afraid.

I am grateful that Christ gives me His unshakable peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment