Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, August 19, 2017

Joy


"You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy."  -John 16:20


In today's Our Daily Bread Alyson Kieda tell's of a friend's complicated labor during the birth of her child which led to having a Cesarean section.  It was quite an ordeal for her but she "quickly forgot her pain when she held her newborn son.  Joy had replaced anguish."  I had the same experience with my third child's birth.  I was very disappointed that I was not going to be able to give birth naturally, but once he was born and I held him in my arms, I was grateful that I lived in a time where babies could be delivered safely in dire circumstances.

Scripture tells us that Jesus told his disciples of what was to come for them but gave them hope by assuring them their grief would turn to joy.

I am grateful that God turns grief into joy when we put our trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment