Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, August 4, 2017

Tested


"For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver."
-Psalm 66:10


The thing about silver is that it will tarnish when exposed to the air so it must be kept polished.  In today's Our Daily Bread's insight, written by Sim Kay Tee, he cites Job's testing.  Whenever I read about Job's testing I always think of my own father's testing.  It was 1960 when he lost his business and then his father died.  We moved to a nearby town after selling the house my parents had built just five years before.  Less than a year later we moved north.  I was 10.  My mother told me later my Dad asked her to read the book of Job to him that first summer. Unfortunately, my Dad allowed his "silver" to become tarnished and his life began to spiral out of control.  He never regained the faith he'd professed the year before his trials began.  I grew up wondering why this was happening.  I could only conclude that it would show me how not to live and how important it was to protect my faith and to grow in it.  God promises to work all things out for our good.....for those who love Him with their whole heart.

I am grateful that God keeps His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment