Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, May 28, 2017

God Cares


"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care."  -Matthew 10:29



Tim Gustafson refers to this verse in today's Our Daily Bread as he spoke about his mother as she lay near death in a hospice bed.  Seeing her declining condition his thought was "Death is such an indignity!"  Then he noticed a bird at a feeder outside her window, and he thought of today's passage in Matthew.

As I grow older I think my parents' deaths--my dad's was sudden while my mother's decline was imminent for a year--and I wonder what mine will be like.  How will I greet it?

I am grateful that I have being with the Lord to look forward to when my body can no longer contain my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment