Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Gate of Salvation


"Jesus said, 'I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.'"  -John 10:9


We were staying at an Inn next door to two small rental cottages I'd seen listed on the Internet.  Because they required 2-night stays we did not rent one, but I wanted to see what they looked like for a possible future stay.  The gate was closed but that did not deter me.  We entered and wandered around the courtyard and garden pathway beyond.  A lady came out from a large house along the path to ask if she could help us.  It turns out she was the proprietress.  When we explained why we were wandering about in what I realized now was her front yard, she invited us inside to tell us more about the two cottages just down the path.

Jesus opened the gate of salvation so that we can enter His courtyard.  There we will be invited into His House, not as a guest, but as a member of His family.

I am grateful that God has provided a way for me to be one with Him.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the warm love of your beautiful post as always. telling all of the all inclusive Love of God for his children. Thank you on this holy day.. Merri

    ReplyDelete