Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, May 15, 2017

God's Word


"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."  -Isaiah 40:8


I don't usually take photos of flowers that aren't in their prime, but this one I photographed because it was the one time I was able to grow a sunflower, only to find something had chewed the stem just below the flower, causing it to fall off the stem.

The word of God, on the other hand, never withers like the grass or falls like the flowers.  God's word is not found written on a page, but rather in the person of Jesus Christ.  God's word is Love--that will never disappear.

I am grateful that while the things of earth will wither and die, the things of God will endure forever.

2 comments:

  1. "Though he stay me, I will trust him" Job 31;5 I love pruning my zinnias . It seems I no longer have done it than they have blooms on them. I love your application of the plant underneath , showing forth its innermost workings of beauty when the dead parts are trimmed away, the old thoughts, the old limiting ideas. Again, as always, thank you for stripping away the old.. and allowing me to see the glory of God in all situations moving me forward in Faith in the unseen. Merri

    ReplyDelete