Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, May 3, 2017

God Knows Best


"The human mind may devise many plans, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established." 
 - Proverbs 19:21


These pretty blue flowers are Ajuga.  They first appeared in our lawn as a weed, but the flower was so pretty that when we dug up our lawn in order to put gravel down I saved them and put them in my raised flower bed.  But as you can see, they've jumped down into the gravel walkway and are displaying themselves in all their glory.  Once their flower is spent, however, I will dig them out of the walkway and put them back into the flower bed.

I have my plans for the flowers in my garden and they have their plans just like I have my plans for my life and God has His plans.  Like the Ajuga flowers in the walkway I may still "look good" doing what I want to be doing, but if it's not God's plan I can expect to see my plans eventually fail.

I am grateful that God has a plan for my life because as my Father He does know best.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, following the Master Gardner our gardens are sure to bloom.... into eternity. Love and blessings Merri

    ReplyDelete