Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, May 10, 2017

God's Sanctuary


"My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the LORD; My heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.  Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young--a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God."
-Psalm 84:2-3


I love the imagery of the bird having a place near God's altar.  God provides such a place for me because, now, His sanctuary is my own heart.  I cannot get any nearer to God than that until He takes me home.

I am grateful that God is in each beat of my heart, each breath I take.  If it feels as though He's not, I need only take in a deep breath which slows my heart rate so that I can once again be still and know that God is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment