Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Do Not Fret


"Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away." 
-Psalm 37:1-2


My yard can look pretty bleak in winter.  The only thing green is the invasive ivy that climbs our trees and eventually strangles them.  If I didn't know that Spring would eventually come I could feel as bleak as my yard looks.  Scripture tells us not to fret because of evil doers.  With God we can count on evil being brought to justice eventually.  Verses 3 and 4 tells us what we should do while we wait:  "Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

I am grateful that God judges sin (even mine!) and that He has made a way for me to be made righteous through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment