Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, July 15, 2017

God's Preparation


"The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine."  -1 Samuel 17:37


Last November this was the third time in five years that a bear was on the ramp that leads from our driveway around back to the deck.  I was alerted to this one about 7:40 p.m. by a low growl from my dog who was sitting under my desk at the time.  I was able to grab my camera and capture its image through a bedroom window as it retreated back down the ramp.  I thought it was interesting that it did not just run through the woods.  There must be something about that ramp that they like.

In today's Our Daily Bread Julie Schwab points out that it was during David's time as a shepherd that God prepared him to rule over Israel.  It was through his fighting off lions and bears from getting his sheep that he learned to trust God to rescue him.  Trusting God is a "skill set" that we all need to have.

I am grateful that I can trust God to rescue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment