Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Friday, July 21, 2017

Dressing Up


"Clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ." 
-Romans 13:14


A few years ago I attended a Jane Austen conference.  That evening they held a Regency Ball and we were encouraged to dress up for it.  I cobbled together an outfit from the second-hand store--a long empire-waist dress with puffy sleeves.  I added long gloves that I still had from my high school prom, and fashioned a fichu from lace for the bodice.  Ken found a tuxedo with tails and I made a cravat for him.  I thought we looked the part....until I saw this gentleman.  He had authentic Regency period clothing.

In today's Our Daily Bread Alyson Kieda writes about how what we wear communicates to others who we are.  It may be a T-shirt with a slogan, a uniform, a business suit, or even greasy jeans.  In Romans Paul is encouraging Christ's followers to pay attention to what they are communicating to unbelievers by how they behave.  Is it the behavior of an authentic follower of Christ or more like my pretend Regency outfit?

I am grateful that I am clothed with the Lord Jesus Christ as one of His followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment