Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Gates of Hell


"I tell you that you are Peter, and it is on this rock that I will build my congregation, and the powers of hell will not conquer it."  -Matthew 16:18


Rodin's "Gates of Hell" bronze door was inspired by Dante's "Divine Comedy."  The details are gruesome.  A careful reading of Revelations is just as daunting if you believe the predictions for the end times.  Or you could read this article on climate change in the New York Magazine.  Maybe the reason people see no hope for our world with all its ills is because there is none.....unless we turn back to God, repent, and seek Him.

I am grateful that I belong to God's congregation and am saved from the powers of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment