Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lay The Foundation



I think we all know the story of the Three Little Pigs.  It's been around in print since the 1840's and even earlier as a resemblance to a Grimm's fairytale.  Even as children we knew that the stronger the foundation, the better able a house was to stand against the forces of destruction.  Yet too often when we go out on our own we neglect building such a foundation on which to base our lives.  We think getting a good education is the right foundation, only to find the job we trained for has too many applicants or no longer exists.  I was guilty of this in a different way.  I thought becoming a mother would give me all I wanted in life.  I did not realize that once they grew up they would no longer need me and the foundation for my life crumbled.  Thankfully, I've been building my life in Christ as I went along so that I've not totally been adrift.  But transitioning has not been easy.  How much better it would have been if I'd built my foundation all along on Christ alone.