Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Monday, April 6, 2015

Thank The Lord



Giving thanks in all circumstances is not easy when it involves the death of children.  This is a memorial to seven children who were killed at a train crossing in 1959.  The sculpture brings the children to "life" in that the child hanging from the bars swings back and forth.  I posted a video of it on YouTube and received a comment from a woman who said seeing the little girl come to life was shocking.  She said it made her sick to her stomach.  I guess she was protesting that I'd posted it on YouTube.  But I see it as an endearing memory of children at their best--playing--and that is what we should remember--not their deaths.  Yes, they died young and tragically and some will question why God would let something like this happen.  But life on earth has its pitfalls and we can't expect not to be affected by them.  If we haven't been struck by tragedy, I'm sure we know someone personally who has.  This does not make me question God's goodness.  Instead, it is a reminder that without God my circumstances could be far worse.  Why I've been blessed, I don't know.  Why others have to endure ongoing pain and suffering, I don't know.  I've had my share, but each time I've been drawn closer to God, and for that I am indeed grateful.