Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, April 12, 2015

Be Therefore Holy



When I think of being holy I think of having pure thoughts because no matter how many good works I might be doing, if my thoughts are out of alignment with God's thoughts I do not feel holy at all!  No one else sees my thoughts, but I know God does and I know what I am feeling is guilt.  Purifying one's thoughts is much easier than you might think--that is the good news.  All I have to do is to think on what is lovely and true and right, as Paul tells me in Philippians 4:8.  The hard part is being willing to let go of the negative, impure thoughts.  For me, it helps to occupy myself with an activity that I love and that I don't have to concentrate on, like gardening.  Being down on my knees tending God's creation always bring my thoughts in alignment with His.