Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, April 25, 2015

Just Be Yourself



What I'm getting from these verses is we should be who God created us to be, and to be content with our station in life.  That doesn't mean we can't rise above it, but it should be by God's doing, not our own.  When Thoreau went to the woods to live "deliberately" I think he was attempting to shut out 
the outside influences that pulled him in all directions.  Here, in the woods, he hoped to discover what was essential to life and in the process discover who he was so that when he died he would have felt he'd truly lived.  Being who God created me to be, and not trying to be someone I am not, is God's will for me.