Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Saturday, April 18, 2015

Listen to God



Elijah heard the "gentle blowing" after the raging storm on the mountain, and was drawn to come out of his cave where he'd been hiding.  It was then he heard God speak to him.  This is a picture of the inner turmoil we often feel during the storms of our lives.  God is not in the turmoil.  Instead, He is in the gentle breeze that is revealed once we let go of the turmoil surrounding us.  He was always there, we just couldn't hear Him.  If I make a practice of listening for God, the turmoil will move off, and I will hear His voice.  I can then have that all-important conversation where I can say what is on my mind and He will reveal to me what I need to hear in order to remain in His Will.