Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Thursday, December 28, 2017

A Happy Heart


"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit."  -Proverbs 15:13


A child's face expresses very easily the condition of his heart.  In today's Our Daily Bread Elisa Morgan writes about today's verse, "Perhaps the point of the proverb is that a smile naturally results from the condition of our inner beings.  A 'happy heart' is at peace, content, and yielded to God's best.  With such a heart, happy from the inside out, we can respond to surprising circumstances with a genuine smile, inviting others to embrace the hope and peace they too can experience with God."

The proverb concludes, "but the cheerful heart has a continual feast," reminding us that yielding to God brings us a continual feast of joy!

I am grateful that I can achieve a happy heart through Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. It is so true isn't it? That sweet smile on that baby, is that one of yours? so adorable.. tells me he is happy through and through. I see so much anger and darkness in faces in this apartment .. just outside passing my neighbors from African and they did not even wish to greet me.. so much fear in them.It started to bother me, but no..as you said I am glad I can find happiness in JESUS and hold it close.. keeping me smiling inside out. Love to you SMILES .. Merri

    ReplyDelete