Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, December 31, 2017

Let Your Light Shine


"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."  -Matthew 5:16

Writing a daily devotional on living thanksgiving has been a daily exercise in showing up and trusting I'd find the right combination of scripture, photograph, and words to put on the page.  It has also shown me the power of God's word and how writing a response to it unlocks its power.  Many a day I needed to hear the truth I uncovered while writing.  The photographs often served as a visual aid for me in getting at that truth.  More than anything, though, the year showed me just how important living thanksgiving is to letting "my light shine before men."

As I write this early in the morning on the last day of 2017 I have no idea how I will use Another Perfect Day 365 in 2018.   I would like to encourage you, though, to start a journal of your own in which you write down what you are grateful for.  Even better, use a devotional like Our Daily Bread, or any of the thousands that are out there, to write your own response to scripture.  Or use a photograph as a prompt.  Or just look out your window, or wherever you happen to be, and write a response to what you see.  We have much to praise God for and in doing so we are blessed even more.  Letting your light shine in the darkness not only lights the way for others, but for yourself!

I'd love to hear what you have to say.  Feel free to post it here!

May 2018 bring you memorable moments of Truth and Light and Love and Joy!


6 comments:

  1. I would not even begin to know how to express my love or to promote the love & saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. You have been such a powerful expression of love to me in my walk of growing my faith. I thank you for your continued posts that uplift me & help me grow in my walk in our Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just live the life of Christ in you! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Love this, somehow missed it. And love Sandra's comment above. Don't stop writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The conjunction of our talents given us.. is revealed in your blogs and writings. and yes , surely SHINE out with His Glory!!!! Thank you for the beautiful writings, thought shared and photos.. and mostly your love for God and you being His servant. Love, Merri

    ReplyDelete