Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Determined Faith


"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty's hand."  -Daniel 3:17


In today's Our Daily Bread Xochitl Dixon writes about his struggle with chronic pain: "[God] strengthens me and reassures me of His unchanging goodness, limitless power, and sustaining grace.  And when I'm tempted to doubt my Lord, I'm encouraged by the determined faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.  They worshiped God and trusted He was with them, even when their situation seemed hopeless."

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused to worship Nebuchadnezzar's false gods.  They told him their God would be able to deliver them from the furnace, and then added, "But even if He does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."  You can read the outcome HERE.

I am grateful that no matter what circumstance I find myself in God is trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment