Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Placed in the Light


"Then Jesus told them, 'You are going to have the light just a little while longer.  Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you.  Whoever walks in the dark knows not where they are going.  While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light'...."  
-John 12:35-36a


Oswald Chambers:
No man knows what sin is until he is born again....The evidence that I am delivered from sin is that I know the real nature of sin in me....The love of God at work in me makes me hate with the hatred of the Holy Ghost all that is not in keeping with God's holiness.  To walk in the light means that everything that is of the darkness drives me closer into the centre of the light.
While Jesus walked on the earth his followers had the Light with them, but once he was crucified, they would not--unless they believed who He said He was and thereby became sons of Light.  Chambers points out that once you walk in the Light you will be drawn out of the darkness.  Sin will have no hold on you because you will want only what God wants.

I am grateful that God has a "fix" for my sinful nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment