Welcome Message (click on)

2015 - "Three Little Words" by Terry Ferguson
The Fruit of the Spirit

2016 - "Through the Year with Francis of Assisi"
by Murray Bodo

2017 - Thanks-Living



Sunday, December 17, 2017

Lift Him Up


"And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself." -John 12:32





When we had our woods cleared of fallen trees a few years ago we found piles of rocks leftover from when the property had been a farm in the early 1900s. When the Pharisees called out for Jesus to rebuke those who were praising him as he entered Jerusalem the week before he was to be crucified he responded, "I tell you, if they remain silent, the very stones will cry out." (Luke 19:40)  I always think of this verse when I see our stones.  Oswald Chambers says about this verse . . .
We preach our own experiences and people are interested, but no sense of need is awakened by it.  If once Jesus Christ is lifted up, the Spirit of God will create a conscious need of Him.
When Jesus entered Jerusalem his followers lifted Him up in praise.  By glorifying God man is made aware of his need for Him.  Jesus said, "The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life."

I am grateful that I have a voice with which to praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment